Surprisingly, very easy na ngayon ang process compared noon. Easy but still uncomfortable…so make sure you bring the ff. before heading to NSO East Avenue:
Optional: Water bottle, sandwich, any chichiryas etc.
Step 1: Upon entrance, get a copy of the form and number from Kuya guard on duty. Fill out the form completely then go to Step 2.
Step 2: SCREENING. Go to the Screening table filled with
snobbish NSO staff. Provide them the form and valid ID. Mabilis lang to, walang pila. They will just check if korektsina yun info na nilagay nyo. Once screened, sit down and wait forever to pay! Infairness, very helpful naman yun mga guards na andun. You can always ask them.
Step 3: PAYMENT. Be prepared to wait for 2-3 hours for this.
I arrived at 10:48AM, serving at 1500. Anakngjueteng, eh 2571 ang number ko! I was able to settle my payment around 2:00PM. More than 3 hours of waiting!!!
STEP 4: RELEASING. After you pay and got your receipt, you’ll have to wait forever again! But! Check the release date on the receipt first. If same day, go go go sa kabilang side – Releasing Area. Parang BPI, may cut-off. If you arrived at 3PM, you’ll probably get yours the next day. So make sure you arrive early. Waiting time is 1.5 hours. My papers got released at 3:28PM!
Here’s the good news! If you don’t want to go through the hassles, apply online HERE or HERE or call their hotline 737-1111. BUT! Each copy costs 350P. So if you’re applying for multiple copies, better go there directly, you can save as much as half! Plus, you can get your birth cert on the same day. Yun nga lang, be ready to allot half of your day.
- Do yourself a favor and do not apply on Mondays, utang na loob!
- Bring at least any of the ff: brick game, books, tablets etc. Trust me, you need them esp when going alone!
- If you must go, please be early like 7AM early!
- If you’re applying for somebody else, kelangan ng authorization letter from that somebody else, your valid ID and that somebody else’s ID.
- Wear cotton clothes, kahit pambahay, just make sure you’re comfortable.
- When you go there, make sure you apply for mutiple copies for yourself and each member of your family para di sayang ang effort! I paid 3 copies for myself to save money, time and effort. OA much haha andaming kinuha. Well, who knows I might need one for ML, one for DL and another one for…secret!
FYI. Birth Certificate needed when applying for the ff:
Dyaraaan! As easy as 123 ang process but the waiting time is taking forever. Ok lang maghintay if it’s necessary pero sana kahit papaano, may comfort! Sobrang ineeeet. Nakita nyo naman yero ang bubong, nilagyan pa ng aluminum foil haha para talagang mas umineet, charot alam ko fireproof foam yun! Look, tagos-tagusan ang sunlight! Parang nasa loob ng oven lang. 32 ang electric fans and 7 exhaust fans to accommodate thousands of people lining up everyday. Lahat naman ng transaction bayad, buti sana kung libre, bakit hinde gawing enclosed and ipa-aircon? Yan din ang nakikita kong dahilan kung bakit ang iinit ng ulo ng mga empleyado sa NSO. Pansin nyo, ang susungit, di ba?