What does you desktop look like? Is it messy because it’s cluttered with files/folders/documents that are not in-use? Do you take time in searching and accessing the documents every time you want to open any document?
Here’s how you can apply 5S concepts to your desktop!
- Sort the files/folders on your desktop as WANTED and UNWANTED.
- Discard all the unwanted files/folders.
- Arrange the WANTED files/folders according to the projects they belong to or according to the importance they should get.
- Rename the folders accordingly.
- Keep the folders which are accessed frequently on the desktop and others (not so important files) in other drive.
- When you want to save a file think where should it go and save in that folder, NOT on your desktop.
Sounds simple, right? Sorting folders on desktop can actually take a lot of time, but just think about how much time you’ll save once you have organized everything.