I’ve only been to Araneta Coliseum aka The Big Dome 2x and it really left a bad impression on me. I understand that it has been around for more than 50 years, thus, the seats and comfort rooms are very old. The whole structure looks very old, and the colors looked cheap (yellow/blue), they seriously need a repainting!
But here’s good news, the Big Dome is currently undergoing a major facelift to enhance the viewing experience of its visitors. Some of the changes coming are:
- Establishment of “green parking facility” that will accommodate 2,000 vehicles. The “green” element will be provided by the carbon monoxide absorbing plants to be installed on its facade, which was designed to allow natural ventilation within the structure. There will also be a park on the top floor of the parking building.
- coliseum seats will also be improved. Brand-new chairs complete with cup holders will replace all of the Big Dome’s 20,000 seats.
- Escalators will also be installed to transport the audience to their respective sections.
- Modern toilet facilities and additional rest rooms.
- “celebrity” experience. Private VIP boxes will provide VIP seating. The VIPs will get access to top-class food and beverage options as well as catered fare.
- Free Wi-Fi access will be available for concert goers who wish to tweet their experience while in the coliseum.
- VIP services will also include access to a plush lounge cum sports bar where special guests can relax before or after shows.
- Enhanced fire protection system will be put into place to ensure the safety of every guest.
- There will be more production and dressing rooms for promoters and artists at the back of house.
- Beyond the gates, giant LED walls will display show schedules and other video materials.
- Outside the Coliseum, hotels will be constructed to house businessmen, local tourists and visiting performers.
- There will be a center-wide refurbishing of lighting facilities and street signs to brighten up the center of commerce and entertainment.
Thank you to whoever planned all these. I am excited to see all these changes.