When a girl reached 30+++ and still single, there is a greater chance that she ends up living alone, unmarried and successful but maybe, not quite happy.
I am not yet 30 (will be in a COUPLE of yearssss) but just thinking about it (30++, single, unattached and hopefully rich) scares the hell out of me LOL. I just have this feeling that when you’re nearly crossing the finish line, you’re bound to be single for the rest of your life, I am not generalizing of course, esp. now that many career women prefer to marry in their 30s, but survey showed that very few male respondents felt okay to marry a 30-year-old. Alright, I sounded really desperate saying that hahaha.
Seriously, my dream of becoming the perfect bride, wearing the perfect bridal gown, bridal jewelry and bridal shoes from stylehive.com is yet to come because I am still enjoying my singlehood. Instead of romancing another person, I’m happy spending my life romancing life for all its worth.
I know it’s kinda pathetic, but being single means I don’t have to keep stalking YOU in Friendster. I love it that I can go out anytime I want, whenever I want. I love it that I don’t have to suffer from the annoyances of having a partner who keeps on asking my whereabouts. I am not pressured on being in my best and sweetest self all the time. I don’t have to worry if my nails aren’t polished, if my hair is frizzy, if I eat a lot or eat less, if I partied through the wee hours of the morning (which I don’t do), if I don’t textback or callback, if I roll on the floor laughing out loud, if I speak in chenes-tongues, if I walk the streets of Carriedo/Quiapo/Divisoria for hours etc. Plus, I’m saving myself from insecurities, heartaches, headaches and the green-eyed-monster. FREEDOM IT IS!! I’m single and I’m fine, thank you for asking.
Don’t get me wrong here. I do not detest happy couples. And if you’re in a bllisfull relationship, I wouldn’t want you to get out from it. I’m getting there sooner or later but for now, I’m quite happy that I can do MOORREE by just embracing my singleness, like:
1. I can stay in front of the computer for straight 15 hours
2. I can do DVD marathon for straight 12 hours (CSI Seasons 1-5, Prison Break 1-2, Ugly Betty, Kyle XY, korean flicks, Meteor Garden, Hwang Jini, Jang Geum, Smallville, Grey’s, OTH)
3. I can stay awake the whole night just blogging, youtubing and partly chatting
4. I can watch 5 movies (straight) during rest day
5. I can stay at home couched at the sofa for hours doing nothing
6. I can read books from cover to cover several times, to the point of memorizing the lines
7. I can survive without using cellphone, landline but spare my DSL connection, ok.
8. I can spend many many hours with my gurlfriends eating out, watching movies and talking loud at each other
9. I can go somewhere else without ever worrying if YOU have eaten your breakfast, lunch and dinner
10. I don’t feel crying over petty things
Plus many many other things. Yah know, it’s great to be single. Boring? Am I missing anything? Nope. I’d say, I’m living my BEST LIFE NOW whether YOU believe it or not.