Whenever I’m free, I spend time in the kitchen either cooking or baking! I’m sharing to you one of my favorite cookie recipes. If you you need something quick, this one is so easy to do, very yummy and healthy too. Have fun!
Apple Oatmeal Cookie
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup chopped apples
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 3 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 1/3 cup apple sauce
1. In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, apple sauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal, cinnamon, chopped apples and stir.
3. Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheet to form a cookie. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cookies are a light brown.
You can replace the apples with cashew, blueberries or other fruit.
Check out myrecipes.com for more delicious and healthy cookie recipes. Enjoy!