Ok, I admit it, I SOMETIMES stalk *SOME* people on the internet – classmates, crushes (i’m sooo ederlyn), neighbors and yes, BLOGMATES. Hahaha. My breakfast, lunch dinner and snack is my PC and my bestfriend is Google. I could spend an entire day just doing it and I’m so darn good (I believe) but I guess, no one is gonna beat IT. I love unlocking codes, solving mysteries and making up my own haka-haka. When I first read The DaVinci Code, I cracked the password to open the cryptex — APPLE. Haha, anataray, ka-level ko si Robert Langdon! You wont believe it but in real life, I’ve even cracked email and Friendster passwords too. I am scaring you, I know but don’t worry, I ONLY put this talent into good use and believe me, it saved me from the dark many many times and besides, I want to believe that gone are the days of my stalkinghood. The stalker is now a lurker eh.
So, let me share to you some tips I’ve learned for the past years of doing cyber-stalking — The urban guide to becoming a (successful) cyber-stalker.
Sign up with every social networking site available, especially Friendster.
Statistics show tha 5 million of Friendster’s 21 million users are Filipino. So I guess there’s some truth to this:
“If I can’t find you in Friendster, you do not exist”
- If you cannot find him/her in Friendster, try it on Myspace, Facebook, Multiply, Yahoo 360, Zorpia, Yuwie, Match.com, Linked.com, hi5, Bebo, Christianter, Eskwela, Pinoyster etc. He/She’s gotta be out there somewhere.
- Turn ON view profiles anonymously in your Friendster account.
- Check out if he/she got any SCANDAL on youtube, google video
- To know more about his/her dreams and plans, check out 43Things!
- If you like to find out what’s he/she doing NOW as in NOW NA, check out TWITTER.
- They say YOU ARE WHAT YOU LISTEN TO, so to get to know the person hiding behind that cute face, listen to his/her playlist at Sounpedia, imeem, Last.fm and who knows, she might be a singer/composer/band member at Soundclick.
- To check out if he/she owns a blog, Technorati it!
- To get to know her family, friends and some places he/she has been to, Photobucket, Webshots, Picasaweb, Pbase, SmugMug, Kodak gallery, Flickr and Zooomr are the place to be. (applies also if you wanna check if he/she is AVAILABLE or IN A RELATIONSHIP or JUST LOOKING AROUND or CHEATING BIG TIME!!!)
- Must have accounts in any of the following — YM, AIM, MSN, GTALK, Skype, ICQ and the classic mIRC.
- Find out his/her thoughts and opinions in life thru Pinoyexchange, Peyups, Digital photography, Mukamo, TrsitanCafe and WPP Forums.
- Must have a keen eye for details
- Must have access to internet 24/7
- Never underestimate the power of google image and yahoo and google MAP!
- Always start searching with nickname and then add popular suffixes (ex. malen can be malensky, malenski, malenster, malentot etc.)
- And last but not the least, must have a list of PROXY SERVERS!