When a girl reached 30+++ and still single, there is a greater chance that she ends up living alone, unmarried and successful but maybe, not quite happy.
I am not yet 30 (will be in a COUPLE of yearssss) but just thinking about it (30++, single, unattached, gorgeous and hopefully rich) makes me a little sad. I just have this feeling that when you’re 30++ and single, nearly crossing the finish line, you’re bound to be single for the rest of your life. I could be wrong about it but I’ve seen it happen to other people. Let’s just say, I’m so damn afraid to live and die alone. Blame it on Adam Sandler’s GROW OLD WITH YOU.
On the other hand, I am super enjoying this whole SINGLE-CHENES-HOOD thingy. Its perks and pitfalls. The freedom it offers. The joy it brings.
I know it’s pathetic, but being single means I don’t have to keep stalking YOU in Friendster. I love it that I can go out anytime I want, whenever I want. I love it that I don’t have to suffer from the annoyances of having a partner who keeps on asking my whereabouts. I am not pressured on being in my best and sweetest self all the time. I don’t have to worry if my nails aren’t polished, if my hair is frizzy, if I eat a lot or eat less, if I partied through the wee hours of the morning (which I don’t do), if I don’t textback or callback, if I roll on the floor laughing out loud, if I speak in chenes-tongues, if I walk the streets of Carriedo/Quiapo/Divisoria for hours etc. I am happy being QUIRKYALONE. I really am, although sometimes you hear me saying I am not. Instead of romancing another person, I’m happy spending my life romancing life for all its worth.
Plus, I’m saving myself from insecurities, heartaches, headaches and the green-eyed-monster. FREEDOM IT IS!! I’m single and I’m fine, thank you for asking.
Don’t get me wrong here. I do not detest couples and happy relationships. I’m getting there sooner or later but for now, let me delight in this bliss of seclusion. And FYI, I can do MOORREE by just embracing my singleness. Like:
1. I can stay in front of the computer for straight 15 hours
2. I can do DVD marathon for straight 12 hours (CSI Seasons 1-5, Prison Break 1-2, Ugly Betty, Kyle XY, korean flicks, Meteor Garden, Hwang Jini, Jang Geum, Smallville, Grey’s, OTH)
3. I can stay awake the whole night just blogging, youtubing and partly chatting
4. I can watch 5 movies (straight) during rest day
5. I can stay at home couched at the sofa for hours doing nothing
6. I can read books from cover to cover several times, to the point of memorizing the lines
7. I can survive without using cellphone, landline but spare my DSL connection, ok.
8. I can spend many many hours with my gurlfriends eating out, watching movies and talking loud at each other
10. I do not have to ask permission if I want my hair curly or greenish/reddish
11. I can have fun as long as I want without feeling guilty ever
12. I can go somewhere else without ever worrying if YOU have eaten your breakfast, lunch and dinner
13. You wont see me arguing or crying over petty things
Plus many many other things that I cannot put into words because my English is very limited and I’m having a nosebleed now — it is getting worse everyday.
Am I living a boring life? Am I missing anything? Nope. I’d say, I’m living my BEST LIFE NOW whether YOU believe it or not.
(this post is for THAT person who’s acting like a pressure cooker lately, pressuring me..pressuring me…pressuring me to the max!!!)